Saturday, September 21, 2019

The Tortilla Curtain- Traga Fuegos

Candido is egocentric and weak, he doesn't know what he wants, he takes positions that not make sense. His attitude is bad in my opinion, I think that he needs to work more in his attitude and self-control before anything, if he keeps that way he is never going to be successful, I see many errors on him,  maybe he can find a job, but he is never going to be a real man, maybe people are going to want him, but only for work, but nobody is going to respect him if he keeps that way. I think that he is an idiot, he knows the bad consequences of his actions and he still goes and drinks dirty water.
     He does not go back to Mexico because he wants a better life, he wants more money in order to be successful, I believe that one key event is when he works in the United States before and go back to Tezpotlan  feeling like a god just because he had more money than everyone else, I feel that he expect the same acceptance from others, also we need to remember that he is a very egocentric man and that he always want to have the reason, this is another key in order to understand that he wants to be better than anyone else, he wants to prove that he can do anything he wants.
     What drives him is that he is a determinate man, that once he has an idea or goal in his mind he is not going to give up. Also, many events of his past have a big impact on his present, he feels humiliated for what happened with his last wife and now he wants to cover that past with a better future. In my opinion, I am not judging him for that, many people do the same in order to forget the bad memories.
     Something about his past is when he goes back to his little city and find that his ex-wife go away with another man, and get pregnant of him and not of Candido, even when they try to have a baby and they cant. In my point of view, Candido feels shame when he remembers that. Now that America is pregnant, and that they are in another country is like a new start and he is trying to do what he can't do with his ex-wife. 
     I feel that she did not leave him, only because she is positive even that she is very young, but she is strong, she still believes that they can make. She only wants what everyone else wants, good quality of life. Another thing that I notice about America is that she is determinate also, and she gives me a good feeling, like if she can achieve anything that she wants. I don't know why I have the sense that she would be a good student. For sure she can have a good future in Mexico if that country was not machista, maybe she would think different if she sees that girls can work like a man in Mexico. 
 Image result for mexican traga fuego

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Tattoo Freewrite

     During class, we need to do an assignment called Tattoo Freewritte were my classmates and me, talked about an special tattoo, we need e...

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *