Saturday, September 21, 2019

The Tortilla Curtain


IS DENALNEY RACIST?
    I think that Delaney does not act like a complete racist, but in some parts, he acts like if he does not support the illegals, or maybe it's me that I do not distinguish really good, I believe that he had a situation that he never had before, I am not going to support him, I am just saying that maybe he was no prepared for that situation, I think that chapter one is not enough to describe Delaney personality.
                                     Image result for mexican stereotype                                                                                                                  think that one indicator of Delaney personality is when he calls his wife, I think that he is going to be a problematic person, or maybe not problematic, but he is going to have some issues and going to tell his wife about it. I think this because last summer I watch Breaking Bad, and the principal actor had the same behavior at the beginning as Delaney, I think that the character may have a personality change thought the chapters too. I think that he is going to be that type of man, who is scared of his problems, and instead of making it better is going to make it worse. 
     I think that something of Delaney that my instructor does not mention is deeper than just something superficial. I believe that inside Delaney was scared, but an intelligent man, he was morally scared of what he has done because he knows that humans need to support each other, but I do not believe that he did all he can do in order to help the illegal, I believe that he is an intelligent man, because he only give twenty bucks to the illegal, because he noticed that he was illegal,  if he knows that the man was not illegal he would do much more for him, because he may be scared of have problems, but in this case he notices that the man was scared of getting deported and Delaney take advantage of this and honestly I do not like this type of people.
     I think that something that can describe Delaney as a racist is his attitude, he does not mention in a specific way or acts in a specific way, but in several moments he gives us keywords or key actions that make the audience believe that he may be racist. One example is when he only gives him twenty bucks to the man, or when he did not help him enough, it was not necessary to take to the doctor, he can buy some alcohol or a first aid kit for him. When he calls his wife, I do not what he was expecting from her, I mean what his wife can do for him and for the illegal? I think that he has several actions that make no sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Tattoo Freewrite

     During class, we need to do an assignment called Tattoo Freewritte were my classmates and me, talked about an special tattoo, we need e...

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *