Friday, October 25, 2019

Community Profile Interview with Brissa Guevara

In my English class my teacher, told us that we need to interview a classmate and ask them questions about their experience at IVC, I think that this interview can apply to my Community Profile subject that is about Cultural Diversity, and I ask Brissa about his experience at IVC with cultural diversity. 

Brissa Guevera is a student from Imperial Valley College, a place where she can experience cultural diversity each day in the classroom. Everyday Brissa hears the most common languages in school, English, and Spanish and sometimes a mixture of she calls this “Spanglish” a language created because we are close to the border. Brissa emphasizes, “I think that cultural diversity is great, we can learn from each other in the classroom, and our ideas combined can be better because we can have some innovator.” (Guevera) Everyone who lives close to the border should understand what Brissa is talking about, we live in both worlds, cultural diversity in the classroom is not something bad, like Brissa says you can take advantage of your classmates with different background and learn more about their culture and behaviors, this should be fun in the class. When you combined ideas with someone who came from another place maybe you both can have differences, but after a good conversation, I am sure that you both can do something amazing and innovator.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Tattoo Freewrite

     During class, we need to do an assignment called Tattoo Freewritte were my classmates and me, talked about an special tattoo, we need e...

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *